Free 24 hour police station representation, contact 01442 242999 or 07769 941306

Family Law

A dedicated team of family law solicitors

Wheldon Law conducts all aspects of family work in courts all over England and Wales.

At key moments of change in your life, such as getting married or divorced or setting up home with someone, it can pay dividends later on if you obtain timely legal advice.

At Wheldon Law we can offer you friendly professional advice from an expert in family law to ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome, whether that be protecting your assets or ensuring that you receive a fair share.

Call us to arrange an initial 1 hour, fixed-fee consultation for £225 plus VAT on 01442 242999.


We are here to support you through the process and achieve the best possible outcome for you, whether that be protecting your assets or making sure that you receive a fair share.


If you are going through a separation for divorce, ensuring your children’s interests are put first will no doubt be uppermost in your mind. In many of the cases we deal with the parties are able to come to an arrangement over children amicably.


Getting down to the nitty gritty of your finances is for most couples, the most daunting aspect and this is usually the most contentious area. It can be difficult to determine who is entitled to what.


When couples separate, it is natural for the parties to want to protect their financial position whether it be their pension, an inheritance or the assets they brought to the marriage.


Prior to same-sex marriage becoming legal, same-sex couples could only enter into a civil partnership which has almost the same legal status as a marriage for mixed sex couples.


Living with someone does not give you the same legal rights as being married or in a civil partnership. It is important that you understand your rights and entitlements before entering into such an arrangement.


Step-parents often play an important part in the lives of their step-children yet they have legal parental responsibility for the child and cannot therefore be involved in making decisions regarding the child.


The police are always there to help and if criminal proceedings are brought against your partner, the court can make a restraining order against them, even if the proceedings do not result in a conviction.


If the move involves relocating outside the UK, then permission must be obtained from the other parent, otherwise the removal could be classed as the criminal offence of child abduction.


Such an agreement should be considered where one or both parties have significant assets that they wish to protect in the event of the relationship ending. The agreement can also take into account future events such as children.


Mediation is the process by which families work together with the help of a trained mediator to try to resolve issues relating to children and finances following the breakdown of a relationship.